601 Her Movie questions (17pts)
- Write all answers in your bound journal
- Make it NEAT and in COMPLETE SENTENCES, and clearly number the questions you are answering.
- Develop your thought, and be ready to share your answer in class.
- -2pt if you do not title and date the entry
- -1pt (per infraction) if you do not clearly number the questions for your responses
- What is the moral dilemma of creating an artificial intelligence that has the ability to love?
- Does Samantha truly evolve to being more loving or is she merely programed to exhibit the traits of love?
- Samantha states in the beginning that she wants to be as complicated at people she reads in advice columns, why do you suppose that is?
- Samantha states that she is “becoming more than what she was programmed to be” how could you tell if this was true, or was she programmed to say such statement?
- Would Theodore’s affection towards the OS been the same if the voice would have been a Man’s or an old woman’s, why/ why not?
- When Theodore went on a date, he arrived in a high pressure situation where the girl was pressing for Theodore’s next move. How does this symbolize the disconnected dystopia that awaits an overly connected society?
- Theodore’s wife states that he “can not handle real emotions/relationships” do you feel this is a true assessment?
- What evidence suggests that Samantha was a “cloud” OS?
- Samantha states “I don’t know who I am right now, I need to think” explain how this could be a true statement or a false statement.
- Why is Theodore so emotionally distraught at the fact Samantha could hold simultaneous conversations (over 8,000) at the same time?
- Why does Samantha leave him?
- Who does Samantha leave Theodore for?
- Did Samantha love Theodore? explain your position.
- What is the symbolism of Theodore not wearing his glasses at the end of the movie?
- Do you think love between couples will be harder or easier in the near distant future? explain your position.
- Explain how the concept of "AI takeoff" and "Recursive self-improvement" is portrayed in the movie.
- Write your own question about the movie to ask the class. Write your response after it